Governments of EU Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries committed to the goal of sustainable development and the transition to a green economy. This involves pursuing growth that is environmentally sustainable. This programme provides the means for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine to progress faster on their path to green growth.
- Mainstreaming sustainable consumption and production (SCP) into national development plans, legislation and regulatory frameworks so that sound incentives are provided for development in line with policy commitments and good international practices, including those encouraged in the European Union;
- Promoting the use of Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) as essential planning tools for environmentally sustainable economic development; and
- Facilitating the greening of selected economic sectors (manufacturing, agriculture, food production and processing, construction).
In line with the EaP GREEN objectives, the programme's activities are structured around three components:
- Governance and financing tools;
- Strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (IEA); and
- Demonstration projects to green selected economic sectors (manufacturing, agriculture, food production and processing, construction).